kait
Apprentice

Female

Back to top Go down

Re: Ask kait

Post by Isaiah the Ox on Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:47 pm

I'LL ASK YOU ANYTHING.

What's your favorite science?

What were most proud of in your childhood? (what one thing made you or still makes you proud of yourself?)

What song makes you cringe?

Do you have a special diet/eating habits?
Isaiah the Ox
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kait on Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:00 pm

Social science. Tongue out 

I owned my own business when I was 14 making soaps, chapsticks, and other body care products. I had a catalog and a website where you could order. It was legit. I'm still really proud of that. 

Almost anything country. Also anything that is overtly sexist. 

I mostly just try to eat healthy. Avoid prepackaged foods as much as possible, eat veggies, etc. I'm also gluten free.
kait
Apprentice

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Countess on Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:05 am

What's your avatar of?

What do you think of this board?

How did you get your business going at so young an age? Did you make everything yourself?
Countess
Administrator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kait on Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:37 am

Well when I went to do a profile picture, there was a link to an avatar creator thingy so I clicked it and it let me make a little person. It's sorta supposed to be me but it isn't really.

It's interesting. Some of the navigation stuff is kind of confusing but that's probably just because I'm not used to it yet. 

I just did it, lol. I made everything myself. I sold bar soaps, chapsticks, bath salts and was working on developing lotion and liquid soaps when I decided to stop doing it. I researched the products I wanted, figured out the best way to make them, priced out the cheapest materials (which I bought online through eBay and wholesale suppliers), figured out how to package everything, designed packaging, logos and catalogs, priced everything based on the cost of my overhead etc. etc. etc. I did the the way anyone would run a business Tongue out I just happened to be 14.
kait
Apprentice

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Countess on Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:34 pm

Oh. Laughing It does look like you kind of. Tongue out

What's your favorite thing to have for breakfast?

At what age did you consider yourself an adult?
Countess
Administrator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kait on Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:38 pm

I really don't like eating breakfast. But when I do, I enjoy eggs, turkey bacon and hashbrowns. 

Well when I was a teenager I pretty much though I was adult from the age of 14 on. I mean, what teenager doesn't think they are An Adult. Wink But once I hit 20 I realized I didn't have anything at all figured out like I thought I did and now I'm pretty sure that while I'm technically an adult, I shouldn't be allowed to be one.
kait
Apprentice

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitz on Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:41 pm

Amen another country hater. 
Are you an over the top feminist or more moderate? 
Do you play games of any kind if so which kinds?
Blitz
Apprentice

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kait on Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:52 pm

I really don't know what you mean by your first question. I don't think we should literally kill all men or anything like that if that's what you mean. Other than that, I don't really know what you mean by "over the top." To me, that's like asking "are you over the top for equity and justice or more moderately for equity and justice." Like ... what? 

I play video games. I don't play a lot of board games primarily because I don't really have others to play with aside from my husband and he freaking beats me at everything except Scrabble so it gets kind of annoying playing with him only.

Also you just made me lose THE GAME.
kait
Apprentice

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by War Doctor on Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:01 pm

Does this comic accurately describe parenthood? Comic
War Doctor
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kait on Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:27 am

Basically. Wink
kait
Apprentice

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitz on Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:30 am

Poor girl, I absolutely forgot about that for ages. 
I stink at scrabble to. I never win. 

I mean to men get you rather mad easily, and yes some people find offense too easily. I can't joke around one feminist I know because nearly everything end up as sexist. 

Where did you get your avatar?
Blitz
Apprentice

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kait on Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:57 pm

If men are being sexist or racist or something, I will call them out on it. Men doing things like harassing me or violating my boundaries does make me mad for obvious reasons. 

Essentially, I call out racism and sexism if I see or hear it (for the most part). I wouldn't say I "get mad easily" because I really don't. But I also don't let people just say and do crappy things in front of me. If you aren't being sexist or racist then you don't have to worry about anything. If you have a feminist friend who is constantly calling you out for being sexist, perhaps she isn't the problem but your jokes are (which I know is just SUCH A RADICAL AND UNLIKELY scenario). Wink
kait
Apprentice

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Countess on Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:38 am

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE KIND OF TOOTHPASTE?  Shocked (literally) 

Favorite thing to do in your free time? How much of your time do you spend writing?
Countess
Administrator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kait on Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:42 pm

I like Crest toothpastes. 

I enjoy playing video games, watching TV shows on Netflix/Hulu, and doing arts and crafts stuff. I don't spend a whole lot of my free time writing because I do it all day for a living now.
kait
Apprentice

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Isaiah the Ox on Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:09 pm

What is the hardest problem in math you could solve right now?

What do you think about homeschooling?

What are you looking forward to in 2016?
Isaiah the Ox
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kait on Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:13 am

Like right this second? Well I've been at work all day at this point and it's getting late, so maybe like some hardcore long division or something.

I think homeschooling, when done with the intent of providing your child with a focused, deep and individualized education and not with the intent of sheltering them from "the world" or because you have some irrational fear of "the system," can be really amazing. But homeschooling can also be very detrimental for children if they aren't actually being provided an adequate education and it can be the perfect way to shield abusers from scrutiny. I also think homeschooling needs significantly more regulation on the federal level so laws are uniform across the board. Both my husband and I were homeschooled and I am mostly happy with how my parents prepared me for the world education-wise. But having been in the community my entire young life, I also know there are many flaws that homeschoolers are often very blind to. 

Moving.
kait
Apprentice

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Countess on Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:46 pm

Where are you moving too?

Why are you moving?
Countess
Administrator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kait on Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:16 pm

The Seattle area.

Well, as compared to where we currently live: Closer to family. More opportunities. More diversity. More things to do. More "culture." More like-minded people. And far far less backward ideologies. Basically it's just the place where we feel at home.
kait
Apprentice

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum