Child Training

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Child Training

Post by Countess on Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:18 pm

Wellll, there's not a topic on this yet.  Tongue out 

Anyhow, so basically there are a few questions with this topic.

1. Is physical pain as a punishment like a spanking etc. a good form of punishment?

2. What age can a child comprehend when they've done something wrong? And what age should they start being disciplined?

I understand each of us have been influenced differently on this. But let's try to have more of a discussion and try to find the reasons and the whys behind the different methods of child training, and not immediately turn on everything else.... if that's possible. >_>
Countess
Administrator

Female

Back to top Go down

Re: Child Training

Post by Pound Cake on Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:25 pm

There is zero doubt this topic will get replies. None of us are parents, therefore we know everything about parenting.

Yes, spanking is fine in that it should be considered as a means of punishment. But surely it's not necessary for every child on earth. Why shouldn't spanking be just like standing in the corner or having privileges taken away? Parents know different forms of punishment work with different kids, so shouldn't that apply to spanking? So yes, spanking is well and good depending on the kid. (I guess. Again, I'm not a parent, this is entirely a shot in the dark.) The one thing that's certain is it makes no sense to get into "You're an awful parent if you spank" or "You're an awful parent if you don't" camps. Kids are people and people work differently.
Pound Cake
Apprentice

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kait on Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:30 pm

Pound Cake wrote:None of us are parents, therefore we know everything about parenting.

Well, I mean, one of us is a parent. Wink But yeah it sort of always amuses me when non-parents discuss parenting topics. Not because I don't think people can or should have opinions ... it's just that honestly no one has a clue what they would actually do as a parent until they become one. Things change pretty darn fast.
kait
Apprentice

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Countess on Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:30 pm

Well I would say anyone who has practically raised younger siblings would have a good idea of what's it like, but don't know if we have anyone like that here either. >_>
Countess
Administrator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by War Doctor on Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:21 am

So Countess, do you spank your younger siblings?
War Doctor
Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Countess on Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:26 pm

Very rarely. Normally that's the parents job. I have other means of punishment that are far more "cruel" like rewarding chocolate to the good and obedient and withholding from the disobedient. But I have found these types of punishment to generally make the evildoer bitter and angry. Wherein a spanking seems to make them happy and cheerful, like it clears the guilt they feel. And as for the myth that all children feel traumatized after a spanking, my two year old sister spanks her dolls if she feels they were disrespectful to her, and then she picks them up and loves them. I really think children understand far more than we give them credit for.
Countess
Administrator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top